Preston Development and CenturyLink Partnership to “Speed Things Up” at Pittsboro’s Chatham Park
Photo by Carlos Muza
New homeowners at Chatham Park will have access to a web portal review in addition to selecting their own desired internet speed as a result of the co-branded “Century Link ON” platform, which also allows great convenience in that residents can accept the company terms and conditions, in addition to making payments simple and easy by usage of a debit or credit card to get started using their wi-fi immediately.Representatives from both Preston Development and CenturyLink spoke optimistically and were very pleased to announce the partnership earlier this Spring, as Preston owners, Julian “Bubba Rawl and Tim Smith said the following in the CenturyLink release, “Knowing the importance of internet service for today’s lifestyle, CenturyLink was an easy decision.” They continued, noting, “CenturyLink’s ON platform will be Chatham Park’s internet solution for residents’ and businesses’ connectivity day one with speeds up to 1 gigabit for homes and up to 10 gigabits for businesses. This choice continues to promote our company’s mission: In Pursuit of the Perfect Community.” Likewise, Erik Genrich, the senior director at CenturyLink’s southeast division said, “We are excited to expand our fiber network in Chatham County, the sixth-fastest growing county in North Carolina, so we can enhance Chatham Park with a powerful network that delivers exceptional broadband service.” He concluded, “We look forward to working closely with Chatham Park and other forward-thinking developers who understand the value of reliable and fast connectivity.” The main facts and perks that residents and businesses at Chatham Park will enjoy were detailed in the article as well, pointing out the following key facts on the partnership.
- • CenturyLink is the first broadband service provider to offer 1 gigabit speeds in Pittsboro, North Carolina, by building a fiber network in Chatham Park, a planned development.
- • Chatham Park is a place where people will have the opportunity to live, work and play.
- • One or more village centers in Chatham Park may contain multi-use structures offering the convenience of residential living near retail, restaurants and other amenities.
- • The development’s master plan provides for approximately 2,000 combined acres for parks and open spaces at full build-out, to include more than 50 miles of walking and biking trails that will offer access to Jordan Lake and the historic Haw River.
- • CenturyLink will also contribute to the Wi-Fi enablement for these open spaces within Chatham Park.
- • CenturyLink provides voice, video and data services throughout Chatham County.